Sour Cherry Sauce
I put this on my duck breast.
- a cup of dried sour cherries or a cup and a half of fresh sour cherries
- half a bottle of fruity and not too tannic red wine
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoon chicken stock (preferably unsalted or home made)
- 4 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1Soak the cherries in the wine for a few hours, or even better overnight
2Pour wine, cherries and cinnamon in a pot and slowly simmer until the cherries are soft. Puree in a blender or using an immersion stab.
1Pass through a sieve twice, reserving the liquid. Transfer the liquid to a new pot and reduce to one third of the original volume
2Add chicken stock and reduce again, till it starts to get syrupy. Remove from the fire and emulsify the cold butter in the sauce. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
1You should end up with a shiny burgundy red sauce that just coats the back of a tablespoon
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved