"Healthified" Salsa-Beef Chili
44% more fiber, 61% less fat, 60% less sat fat than the original recipe. You’ll get a kick out of a chili that’s peppered with healthified ingredients.
- 1 pound extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
11. In 4-quart nonstick Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Return to Dutch oven. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream and green onions. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. To serve, top individual servings with sour cream and green onions.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved