Tacos & Tapas will celebrate 40 years of El Pajaro CDC helping local entrepreneurs reach their small business dreams. It takes place from 6-9 p.m. at the Kitchen Incubator, 412 East Riverside Drive in Watsonville. Tickets are $75 per person at available online at https://tacosandtapas2019.eventbrite.com and, if available, at the door. Ticket price includes:
The food-and-drink party will feature 22 food purveyors, all Kitchen Incubator entrepreneurs, including for the first time three food trucks. Purveyors will serve a variety of different regional foods, including tacos, tamales, tapas, sushi, pizza, sausages, pies and tarts, and more. Margaritas and sangria will be offered, in addition to wine and beer.
DJ Steb from KRML Radio will provide the music, and a silent auction will feature prizes from hotels, restaurants and other local businesses.
The list of food partners (along with their menus) include:
● Artisan Hand Foods. Handmade sausage (Cumberland sausage, classic and spicy) wrapped in puff pastry. Three pastry snacks — chicken leek, lamb curry and spinach, artichoke and mushroom.
● Borinken Goodies. Traditional Puerto Rican food: Tostones con cerdo (fried plantains topped with roasted pork, avocado aioli and fresh tomatoes); majado de viandas con bacalao (mashed root vegetables with codfish; coquito (traditional drink with coconut milk).
● Cuevas Express Foods. Tamales, chicken in green sauce, pork in red sauce and veggies with jalapeños and cheese, all topped with cheese, sour cream and salsa, and a side of veggie stew.
● Dos Hermanos Pupuseria (food truck). Pupusas: bean and cheese; bean, cheese and pork; and vegetarian (spinach, zucchini and cheese).
● Easypreps. Chicken Thai noodles with peanut sauce, carrots and black sesame seeds; ceviche cocktail, lemon juice, tomatoes, onions and cilantro, garnished with fresh cucumber.
● El Nopalito Produce. Caprese skewers with grilled nopales, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper.
● Fired up (food truck). Pizzas, baked in a wood-fired oven — margherita, parzola, and chicken with chipotle pesto.
● Hakouya. Sushi roll with cucumber, avocado and imitation crab; tofu pockets stuffed with sushi rice, egg, snow peas and pickled ginger; each served with soy sauce and miso dressing.
● Hiccuping Dragon. Bite-sized, kid-friendly hot dogs: Cheesy Bavarian, Polish dog, all-beef hot dogs with toppings.
● Il Biscotto. Handmade Italian cannoli filled with sweet orange-ricotta cheese.
● Mary's Fruit Tarts. Fresh, homemade crust filled with cream cheese and fresh, seasonal fruit.
● My Mom's Mole. Tacos, handmade blue-corn tortillas with roasted veggies or chicken and mole sauce, verde or traditional.
● Percy's Pies. Gourmet Louisiana-style sweet potato pies — original, ginger snap, coffee liqueur and praline.
● Ronda Paella y Tapas. Offering the real flavor of Spain: Paella mixta (seafood, chicken, pork and Spanish chorizo), tortilla Española (Spanish omelette), fried tapas (ham croquettes, stuffed mussel shell) and pisto (Spanish ratatouille).
● Rooster Ridge Farm. Locally grown, cured olives served with cheese.
● Splendid Blended. Wholesome ingredients mixed to create the perfect blend; dark chocolate spice and cinnamon banana flavors.
● Sunvalley Farm. Cactus and kale salad with tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro with a lemon juice vinaigrette.
● That Garlic Stuff. Beef meatballs with red sauce, Parmesan cheese, drizzled with “that garlic stuff.”
● The Ballesteros Catering Co. Tacos al pastor with chorizo and deep-fried, beer-battered mushrooms with the fixings.
● The Green Waffle. New grain-free, coconut-chia waffle, toasted and topped with fresh, local, seasonal berries. All other varieties available for sale during the event.
● Unique Sweets. Strawberry shortcake drizzled with chocolate-raspberry flavored balsamic vinegar.
● Yoli's Adobo. Beef and chicken tacos marinated on Yoli’s adobo sauce and vegetarian green pozole.
Ticket price includes:
Admission plus 5 Tickets for food and or drinks.
Additional food/drink tickets can be acquired at the event.
Tickets are available at https://tacosandtapas2019.eventbrite.com
by Jen Wheeler | It's fall, which means its time to pay tribute to that iconic mascot of the season. As a food, as...
by Pamela Vachon | These healthy fall salad recipes will keep you eating well all autumn, and cast your favorite fall...
by Jen Wheeler | Never underestimate the power of a one pot meal (or one pan, as the case may be). This easy sheet...