Hi all, lurker here. Will be traveling to Tokyo in 2 months and have a few sushi questions. TY!
1. Lunches: Am looking for some nigiri-heavy lunch "deals" <15,000 yen! If <12,000 yen, even better.
- I have heard that Arai (2nd counter) and Suzuki have been raising prices recently - does anyone have some info on this?
- I'm also really interested in Sushi Ya but have heard that there have been some inconsistencies recently and that the chef is potentially leaving; again, any feedback?
- Any other recommendations on (up-and-coming) lunch deals would be great
- I'm less interested in places with very salty rice (Taichi, Keita, Tokami?)
2. Dinner: Very interested in Hashiguchi. If I may ask, how light/minimally-seasoned is the rice here - would it be close to Kanesaka shops? Also quite interested in Sushi Inomata for jukusei/tuna, but does anyone know if it's gaijin-friendly?
Thanks in advance!