After searching these boards I reluctantly expected my (children's) trip to Sesame Place would have to be endured rather than relished (awful pun, but made me giggle).
So with that being said it wasn't too bad after all, keeping in mind the needs of several children under 4.
Stayed at the Buck's Shraton just across the street, seemed most convenient seeing park from room was pretty cool too.
(they also had a free shuttle and indoor pool which were quite helpful)
Conveniently most of our food came form the aging strip mall next door to the Sheraton.
- First night, dinner after a long car ride, Boston Market in strip mall:
2 1/2 chicken dinners juicy flavorful chicken, sides were ok, cornbread fine, nothing great nothing awful, servings big enough for 2 parents and kids to share.
- Breakfast Saturday - when driving into the Sheraton we saw a sign for "Fritz's Famous German Sticky Buns" - the whipped creamcheese topped stickybuns - oh yes delicious, probably no more than 800 calories each. Opens 6 am for early risers, i saw several construction foreman types gathering sticky buns for their troops. Wife also praised cinnamon bun.
- Lunch Saturday- we had heard good things about the Character meals at sesame place, considering you would spend a pretty good chunk at a snack bar anyway we chose "Lunch with Big Bird" - highly reccomended all characters stop at each table at least once, plus Big bird and Elmo were available for walk up pics. Reasonable $20 for 6 pic package with Elmo, but you could shoot you own as well, no obligation to buy. Buffet Lunch was ok. Potato salad, "Ceasar" salad, beans, hot dogs, "BBQ" chicken breast (grilled topped with Sauce), fried chicken tenders, "roasted" veg medley, carved turkey breast station. I combined bun from "BBQ" chhicken, with turkey breast, mustard and "Caesar" salad to create a pretty good sandwhich. Dessert of Cookies, cupcakes and soft serve. Cookies seemed to be defrosting still, after being frozen fully cooked. 5 minutes in oven would have vastly improved them. Free drink refills, be sure to leave with a full one, to save a few bucks later
- Dinner Saturday- back to the strip mall - a few pizza slices from Dominick's Pizza (when wife told me kids needed food ASAP) - very nice thin crust pies, good non-crumbled sausage topping on my slice. Second trip out - Saladworks franchise - ordered on phone for pick up - reasonably priced sandwhiches and salads seemed fresh and tasty all around.
- Breakfast Sunday - More Fritz's stickybuns, also open at 6am on Sunday (some cookies for road as well)
- Lunch Sunday - after a few hours at the park we decided to get some food and hit the road for 6 hours. Stopped at Steve's Prince of Steaks about 1 mile away, while i didn't go into philly for Geno's vs. Pat's challenge I figured i had to get at least one here. Steve's has won some rave reviews and i must say these were excellent cheesesteaks. The store also featured a nice topping bar for your steak if your into that, I added several pepper rings and did not regret it, fries were also good.
All in all my tummy (and wife and kids as well) was pretty satisfied