I have been seeing this on the top lists of a lot of people on here, so I finally went down to check it out tonight. In a word: wow. I was very impressed, by a number of things:
- The menu of creative cocktails. Reminiscent of Modus or George's, lots of tasty-looking choices here. The beer list, while short on locals, is still very good. I had one called a Galapagos, with pisco, black pepper syrup, lime, grapefruit, and kaffir lime leaf, garnished with brandied cherries. It was as good as it sounds. My g/f's Starlite Sling was also not too shabby.
- Lots of organic items. Produce from People's, Brandt beef, Jidori chicken, bread from Con Pane.
- Cheese plate. Generous quantity of four top notch cheeses (sorry, do not remember the names), honeycomb, pickled raisins (!), and raisin hazelnut bread.
- The chicken was perfectly cooked, and very juicy. The bacon jus was amazing.
- Reasonable prices. Dinner for two, with appetizer and drinks, came in at $75. For this quality I felt it was really good value. I've had similar kinds of meals elsewhere, for more money, and wound up eating something else later in the evening. That was not the case here.
I foresee many more meals at Starlite.
Updated 10 days ago | 25
Updated 8 hours ago | 11
Updated 15 days ago | 27
Updated 13 days ago | 35
Updated 4 hours ago | 11