Eighteen 'hounds gathered at board favorite China Village tonight. The larger of our two tables got a few extras dishes. The common dishes were:
2. 蒜泥黄瓜 Cucumber with Spicy Garlic Sauce
5. 五香腐竹 Five Spice Rolled Bean Curd Sheets
9. 四川口水鸡 Mouth-Watering Spicy Organic Chicken (Bone-In)
10. 蒜泥白肉 Sliced Bacon-Cut Pork with Spicy Garlic Sauce
14. 棒棒鸡 Szechuan Boneless Chicken with Julienned Onion (bang bang chicken aka bon bon chicken)
70. 风味排骨 Country-Style Spicy Pork Spareribs
88. 川西泼辣鱼片 West-Style 1000 Chili Pepper Fish Fillet in Chicken Broth
135. 川味轩烤羊肉 China Village Specialty Lamb seasoned with Cumin
142. 水煮牛肉 Szechuan-Style Spicy Boiled Beef (water boiled beef)
180. 干扁苦瓜 Dry-Cooked Bitter Melon (only at the larger table)
189. 蒜炒大豆苗 Roasted Garlic Pea Shoots
191. 呛包心菜 Spicy Charred Stir-Fried Cabbage
192. 四川炒土豆丝 Spicy Shoestring Potatoes Sautéed Country-Style
Complimentary fortune cookies
Pre-order to guarantee ingredient availability
Zhang Fai beef
56. 芝麻大饼 Sesame Flat Bread
71. 东坡烧鸭 Dong Bo Braised Duck
185. 麻婆豆腐 Hot Bean Curd (Ma Po Tofu) special ordered with beef
Hand made seafood noodles
Ma la fish (mapo doufu variant but with fish)
Steamed fish with ginger/onion
Lobster with chilies
Finishing out the meal were some lovely citrus (satsumas?) that one of us snuck in. It's late, so I'll post my comments another time.
And just a reminder:
SF CHOWHOUND MEETUPS
Hounds love to eat, and they love to eat together. There are a some established regional groups of hounds who dine together, so you might want to get on their mailing lists. Anyone can plan a chowdown and announce it on the mailing lists (see the Etiquette for more: http://www.chowhound.com/topics/36760... )
by Jen Wheeler | Holiday baking season means lots of cookies, and we have plenty of great Christmas cookie recipes...
by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...
by Mijon Zulu | Want some crack? I mean, crackle? People who have had it love it and it takes less than an hour to...
by Caitlin M. O'Shaughnessy | Since August 4 is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, we rounded up the very best chocolate chip cookie...