20 SuggestionsExpand Map
Lots and lots to be excited about.
1) Bracero: Cucina Mexicana de Raiz (Javier Plascencia) in LI
2) Coastera: Cohn/Deborah Scott Mexican concept on Habor Island
3) Richard Blais casual concept: casual neighborhood eatery in LI
4) Brian Malarkey dining concept: organic cuisine, wood-fire grill, herb garden and market in LI
5) Red O: Enough said, plenty of threads here already
6) Catania:Vince Schofield and Whisknladle chef/partner Ryan Johnston plans an indoor/outdoor Italian coastal restaurant in La Jolla
7) Rustic Root: Chef Antonio Friscia rustic American cuisine in the Gaslamp
8) Water Grill: Fabrice Poigin will oversee executive chef Damon Gordon’s menu of whole fish, fine meats and a raw bar in Gaslamp
9) Half Door Brewing Co.: The East Village Irish-style brewpub will feature house beers brewed on-site and an elevated New World comfort food menu.
10) Karina’s Mexican Seafood: Mexican seafood dishes, a full bar and live music in Downtown SD.
11) SM Sausage and Meat: Scott Slater's exotic meat emporium in East Village
12) Gaslamp Tavern/The Quad Ale House: Chef Brandon Brooks will oversee the kitchen for both venues in Downtown SD.
13) Green Acre Franklin Yard: Brian Malarkey’s farm-fresh breakfast/lunch cafe in Torrey Pines
14) Bruxie: Belgian waffle-inspired restaurant in Downtown SD
15) Backyard Kitchen and Tap: Modern rustic “grub and brew” restaurant/bar with outdoor firepits in PB
16) Oceana Coastal Kitchen: Chef Steven Riemer (The Lodge at Torrey Pines) will helm this new restaurant serving California comfort food at the Mission Bay resort.
17) The Backyard: Chef John Medall (Patio at Lamont, Patio on Goldfinch) plans a menu cooked with wood-fire grills, smokers and pizza ovens, plus salads and vegetarian fare in Liberty Station
18) Tapenade: Just moving locations in La Jolla
19) Inland Tavern and Grill: (Formerly British Pub, Penny Lane) Chef Rob Conaway plans a menu that blends coastal California ingredients with international flavors in San Marcos
20) Breakfast Republic: Restaurateur Johan Engman (Fig Tree Cafes, Cafe Cantata) will convert his Western Steakburger outlet in North Park into an avant-garde breakfast spot serving beer samplers, Oreo pancakes and s’mores French toast.
21) Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill: The ubiquitous L.A.-area chain BBQ in Mission Valley
22) Cannonball: San Diego’s largest oceanfront sushi restaurant in Belmont Park MB
by Greg Stegeman | Barbecue sauce is a blanket term that doesn't necessarily do justice to all the regional styles of...
by Joey Skladany | As a self-proclaimed sauce connoisseur and fan of barbecue varieties specifically, I was more than...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.