I know restaurant recs are requested every day on this forum, and here is another one! But I have a couple of special requests!
In downtown this weekend (Mag Mile), and looking for some advice. I've spent a little time downtown, but this is a bday weekend for my SO, so I want to make it special. We're in our 30's-40's, and from the LA area.
Here are the parameters:
- Most important - must be uniquely Chicago
- SO does not eat pork or beef, so menus need to have plenty of chicken, or especially seafood options.
- Not particularly price sensitive, under $50 for an entree is a general guideline (but no jacket requirements please)
- Prefer to stay in the downtown area
Here's where my head's at:
- I'd really like the restaurant to either have a killer view or very "Chicago-y" ambiance (not kitschy though).
- I've looked at Bayless's restaurants, while I'm sure they are amazing, where we live in LA, Mexican restaurants are rife.
- The gastropub style restaurants seem rough for a non pork eater, and not very "Chicago-y", like they could be in any cosmopolitan city (please correct me if I'm wrong!). I love small plates, but my SO is more like, "when's my meal coming?". (Sushi is the exception)
- SO loves sushi, would eat it at every meal if given the chance. Are there any sushi places that fit the "Chicago-y" criteria?
- Are there any restaurants on the river that are worth a rec?
Restaurants I'm considering (please comment and add more!)
- Sunda , How's the location, food?
- Cafe Spiaggia, Is there a view?
- John Hancock - Killer view, but how's the food? Should we just stick to cocktails here? Clementine Martini - yum!
- North Pond - Seafood heavy menu is a plus, but mixed feedback on here about the food.
2610 North Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614
980 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Updated 2 months ago | 8
Updated 4 months ago | 4
Updated 9 days ago | 89
Updated 28 days ago | 15
Updated 19 days ago | 27