I will be moving to the East Side of Providence in a few months and had some food questions. While I've learned about some of Providence's restaurant highlights from this site and others (best pizza, steak, Italian, etc.), I was wondering about some other issues. I'm specifically looking "local" here, as defined as "without having to go to Boston." Can any of you help with:
1) Where is the best *local* Dim Sum?
2) Are there any New York City or Jewish style delis? (I know there aren't any Kosher ones...)
3) Where is the best local asian market?
4) What is the cheapest, decent quality area supermarket? Where do you go for rare ingredients when cooking?
5) Any local Vietnamese?
6) Any New American cuisine restaurants?
7) Any Ethiopian/Eritrian restaurants North of New Haven and South of Jamaica Plains?
8) Best place to eat with a soothing, relaxing atmosphere after having had a long day at work?
9) Any place to eat with a nice view of the city? (or any view at all for that matter?)
10) Your favorite Providence "hidden gem" or "irresistible menu item" that others might not know about?
Thanks in advance!