Am I the only one freaked out by this lady?
The format is that she "teaches" a student how to cook.
Here's a few of the big problems I have with her.
1. She speaks to her adult students as if they were 13-year olds
2. She glosses over (or skips entirely) explaining fundamental concepts that actually would be quite important and interesting for students to know
3. She solicits constant and repeated admiration for her cooking from her students, both while they are cooking and after while they are eating.
4. Many of the "students" are quite awkward on camera.
5. She possesses little to no charm. I can't see a single endearing quality to this lady-- yet she persists, every night, on PBS' Create TV.
Who is this lady, and what exactly is her appeal? To put her on PBS with the likes of Julia and Jacques (who possess charm, accessibility and knowledge-- critical factors in a TV cooking host) is mindboggling, to say the least.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | Knowing how to grill corn on the cob is a necessary summer skill, so with Labor Day fast approaching...
by David Watsky | Wondering what to do with your extra cherries? These sweet and savory cherry recipes should help...
by Miki Kawasaki | Making summer fruit preserves is a great way to capture a taste of the season for later in the year...