I just had some excellent Gyros. They were from Mediterranean Market on Cedar. It's just north of I-94, across the street from River Square West and Palmer's Bar.
They were carry-out, brought to the office by one of my colleagues. What made them stand apart from the crowd of mediocre Gyros in MSP?
1. The meat had actual, flavorful fresh herbs embedded in the "lamb."
2. It was tender and had crispy crusty bits without being dried out.
3. The pita was tender and fresh.
4. The vegetables were crisp.
5. There was a nice change-of-pace spicy sauce.
I've had Gyros at Holy Land (get the Chicken), Dino's, Gardens of Salonika and Crescent Moon and they were decent, but none were close to Mediterranean Market's Gyros.
Where have you had good Gyros in MSP?