Hello, based on what I've read, I've narrowed down a few dishes. Would appreciate some thoughts on the same. It's a group of 4 people who'll be having dinner there. We're open to eating/trying anything. I'm not sure if this'll be too much/too little for us.
1. spanish mackerel – black garlic, strawberry, lime (i did not see anyone recommending this but it looked interesting)
2. seasonal pickles
3. steamed buns – pork belly, hoisin, cucumbers, scallions (of course!)
4. benton’s smoky mountain ham (madisonville, tn) (how salty is this in comparison to some of the others?)
5. honeycrisp apple kimchi – maple labne, jowl bacon, arugula
6. veal sweetbreads – goat cheese, watermelon, almond (did not see any recommendations for this either)
7. charred spanish octopus – pine nuts, celery, black olive
8. bev eggleston’s pork shoulder steak – blue cheese, peach, shishito
9. spicy pork sausage & rice cakes – chinese broccoli, sichuan peppercorn
10. They just have 2 desserts on the menu so both I guess:
- tri-star stawberry sorbet – celery root, ritz crunch
- corn ice cream pie – raspberries, thai basil
Some other things that looked interesting:
1. maine uni – heirloom tomato, cantaloupe, shiso
2. jerusalem artichoke soup – snails, pork jowl, jalapeno
3. roasted maitake – olive berry, liver mousse, purslane
4. beef tendon – beets, mustard seeds, chicharon
by Kelsey Butler | Nostalgia is a factor not to be discounted when it comes to food, and these five holiday staples sometimes...
by David Klein | Mail order cookies, cakes, pies, and other sweet treats are better (and more prolific) than ever...