ANYWHERE in OC I want ; dinner is on her (and she can afford it).
The Caveats :
1. Mom recoils at fish of any kind (yet it is my favorite).
2. Mom does not go t o LA - it is SOOO Far! That is ridiculous!
3. There must be music (think high end - dark lounge -y Rat-Pack vibe - and all it entails).
My picks would be:
1. M Moderne (frogs legs & sweetbreads) music?
2. Stonehill (Osetra and food was always good in past visits) music?
3. Mastro's Ocean Club (because I think they may have music & mom pleasing atmosphere)
I have never been to the 3rd - but thought it may be a nice compromise.
I was wondering if any of you may know of other places that fit this bill???
Trust me - Mom can afford it!
The music requirement really throws me - its just been a while since I have been anywhere like that. Sort of a nice nostalgia though . . . in the 70's - that's what my parents did on Friday or Sat nights - they went OUT.
OUT was a high end place where there was great food and music. I still remember my 1st trip to the "Velvet Turtle" for my 10th birthday. Very "swank".
Are there still places like that around? If so - will you post?
Thanks in advance . . .