I'm looking for recommendations, including one for a special occasion. Most people who ask this question fail to say what they want. OK, I'm going to be very specific.
I've been search Miami restaurants for an upcoming visit but am having trouble pinning good options down. The reason is that I have several rules-of-thumb for filtering out the restaurants. I generally avoid places that:
1. Specialize in tapas. (Just a way to get drunk people to spend a lot of money without realizing it - until the bill comes.).
2. Call their food "fusion". (If you can't do one thing right, mixing up cultures isn't going make it any better.)
3. Have a "celebrity chef". (Celebrity means popular but it doesn't mean good, and I don't want to pay extra for a brand name self-promoter.)
4. Are corporate. (Have lots of branches in other cities. Food by magic formula.)
5. Post their "history," "vision", "philosophy", etc. on their website. (Sheesh, it's just a restaurant.)
6. Severe "organic", "ecological friendly" or "sustainable" food. (Like I really care.)
7. High end Asian restaurants. (They seldom live up to the reputation. Besides, non-European ethnic food is often best at low end places.)
8. Don't post prices in their website. (What are they hiding?)
9. Don't take reservations. (I don't wait in line, especially just to get into a restaurant.)
Most of the filters boil down to places that are pretentious and are obviously selling image rather than food. Unfortunately, the filters seem to rule out most of the high profile and highly recommended restaurants in Miami. Can anyone offer suggestions. This isn't a budget trip, so money (within reason) is not an issue.