We just returned from our latest trip to Mexico City. We tried several new (to us) good restaurants:
- La Pigua (Seafood Campeche style in Polanco),
- El Tajín (Veracruz style food near Coyoacan)
- La Taberna del León (mexican/fusion, elegant near San Angel)
and a couple of outsanding ones:
- Pujol (in Polanco): everything was just excellent, special and unique. I can't wait to go back. The chef (Enrique Olvera) is very talented.
- El Bajio (way north of Polanco in a area full of auto parts stores): This is where the famous Carmen Titita Ramírez runs a simple and traditional mexican restaurant. The menu is dominated by "carnitas" but there also some other dishes which while not unique, are done better that anywhere else (e.g. mole, pipian, nopales, tacos de jaiba).