Over the last 6 months I've eaten at memphis maes 4-5 times. Here are my conclusions:
- ribs: sauced and unsauced are absolutely terrible. The meat is mushy, falls off the bone (overdone), fat is unrendered, the rub has no flavor, do not put in mouth.
- chicken: perfectly cooked, hard to believe it's smoked. very little smoke flavor or smell.
- brisket: not bad, would not order again,
- pulled pork: very good, moist, nice chunks of bark
- sides: great, hushpuppies, collard greens, slaw, just delicious
a good meal can be had here if you stick to chicken, pulled pork and the great side dishes.