General Discussion

melting choc in the micro-what happened?

Share:

General Discussion 6

melting choc in the micro-what happened?

sabine | Jul 14, 2004 09:56 PM

I just tried to melt some chocolate chips in the microwave for increments of 30 secs, probably 1.30-2.00 total. At no point did it actually liquify, but instead became a digusting, grainy mass that hardened quickly into clods. I put it over simmering water, put it in a preheated oven, and finally liquified it by adding boiling water. I took a leap of faith and used it anyway in the cake, but fear for the results! Will it taste burned, or off? And what happened anyway? I thought microwaving was a pretty standard way to melt chocolate, although I've always used the double boiler method. Can anybody help?

Thank you.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound