I work at Fox and am constantly yearning for better lunch options than what's on Lot. (i will say, though, that Fox lunch is more than edible. Except the one time they had Dodger Dogs. Those are always gross.) But, there are requirements:
1. I have an hour, 1:15 for lunch, so driving and eating must be feasible in this time. We're talking close-by in Culver, the Pico and Robertson area, SM Blvd,
2. I am not an exec, so no Grill on the Alley. $10 and under.
3. No chains, though you'd think on Chowhound that would go without saying.
4. Taco Trucks are always welcome.
5. Westwood Village and little Tehran are a little too far. Although on early Friday's skipping out for Ab Goosht at Attari gets a yum.
Places I've already been:
1. Cemita Poblana truck on Pico near Overland. Deelish, but they seem to be out of papalo.
2. Tara's Himilayan: Fine.
3. Simpang Asia: excellent.
4. Monte Alban: Goatlicious. A little far.
5. Hole in the Wall Burger: too salty. pretzel bread was tasty, though.
6. Kay and Dave's: Mexican food should come from trucks. Or at least Mexican restaurants.
7. Haifa, Nagilla, are all fine but not spectacular.
8. Mayura: After many visits, I've decided it's best to go with a dosa of some sort.
9. Clementines: I am not a lady, so I can only get so excited over salads and muffins.
10. El Rincon Criollo: Yes yes, garlic pork. Solid. I do love the little coconut candies they give at the end, though.
Thanks to all!