So I am planning a trip to New York soon, and am really only going to enjoy the Korean ethnic communities of New York (As I am Korean, and cannot make it to Seoul this summer). So I have a few questions.....
- Where is there a large concentration of Korean businesses (Grocery stores, cosmetic shops, restaurants, bakeries, ETC.)?
- Does Manhattan have a larger Korean concentration of businesses, or does outer New York?
- In which place in either Manhattan or Queens/Flushing can I find a large plethora of Korean culture without having to walk too far from place to place?
- Are there any large Korean stores?
- Where can I find Korean cosmetics and Japanese shampoos (Shiseido Tsubaki)?
- Any good Korean cheap eats?
- And which place can be easily accessed by transportation (A.K.A subway), as I will not be taking my car, I will taking the Acela into New York?
- Where can I find the best Korean karaoke in either area?
- And last, where can I find some good, quality, CLEAN, and inexpensive accommodations in the area?
I really want this to be a great trip, and that means that there will be entire streets covered in Korean businesses (And large varieties on each street, meaning if I don't feel up to it, I won't have to keep hopping in taxis and subway trains to find more Korean).
Thank you so much for any help, I really love spending time in New York!
by Joey Skladany | If your morning brew is in need of a green upgrade, look...
by Joey Skladany | Aside from spewing profanities and making delicious food, Gordon Ramsay is damn good at filleting...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.