My girlfriend and I are coming down this weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and need some ideas! We'd like to spend around $40 between the two of us for meals and have 1 nice dinner (no more than $100 for the two of us). We're restricted to Manhattan for the trip, and are looking for ideas of restaurants/foods particular to NYC in the following areas:
- lunch in Midtown (we were thinking of Katz's or a pizza joint)
- fancy-ish dinner in Chinatown (the more authentic the better - she's Chinese!)
- one lunch in the streets of lower Manhattan
- one ethnic (Indian, Thai, etc.) dinner near SoHo/Grenwich village
- one lunch near Canal St. (shopping district)
Thanks all for any suggestions!