@ Costco last week I spotted a massive, perfectly symmetrical corned beef roast. A thing of beauty just shy of 6#. So now here it sits in my fridge with no one to feed it to (not really, it's just that I'm not up to entertaining due to knee surgery). So my questions are:
1) How long will it keep unopened in my fridge?
2) Can I freeze it whole in it's original packaging?
3) If I cook half can I successfully freeze the rest uncooked after opening?
4) Should I cook the entire beast & freeze what we don't eat?
5) Any unique recipes ideas for boiling, braising, or grill applications?