From the May 2 issue http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/... :
10. La Fiesta (I-10 at Kirkwood) - Hey! That's in MY neighborhood. But I'd never been there. Just a couple of doors down from Sam's Deli Diner, (where I've been many times), how did I not know about this? Well, I talked Mom and OBD into trying it with me on Saturday for lunch. I had already eaten a ton of mom's sausage ball thingies, so I didn't think I could face the enchiladas, but I did try a couple of crispy tacos and their rice and beans. All very good. I'll be back.
9. Don Carlos - Don't think I've ever been there.
8. Lupe Tortilla - Great fajitas. Good salsa.
7. El Real - A favorite of mine. I send out of towners there to see what Tex-Mex used to taste like.
6. Lopez - Just tried it for the first time in decades a couple of months ago. Liked it - A LOT.
5. Spanish Village - Never been there.
4. Molina's - We used to have lunch at the Westheimer location fairly frequently. Haven't been back in a year or two. I remember it fondly however.
3. The Original Ninfa's - On Navigation. It's changed. It's not as good as it used to be. (You know that's true).
2. Teotihuacan - On Airline. As much time as I spend over there how have I missed this place. Look out Dairy Maids/Flores/Caninos, I'm on my way!
1. La Mexicana - Never been there. Have to fix that; (and for my tamale
sleuthing friends, they are purportedly homemade and come highly recommended).
Updated 10 months ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 2 years ago | 14
Updated 3 months ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 21