Another year, another year of takeout...
We took out from Sharman's Proper Pies for a weekend getaway:
- turkey dinner pie - like a turkey dinner version of a shepherd's pie, with turkey, mashed potatoes, and sweet potato. Just needed some cranberry sauce
- vegetarian balti curry - basically a veggie curry pie, with sweet veggies and mild spice
We then did takeout from Grey Gardens. If anything, they have improved in the takeout realm with a bit more ambition flavour and texture-wise:
- scallop crudo, XO sauce, lime, mizuna - delicious and with instructions to create a very appealing plating
- grilled frisee, radicchio, squash, thyme vinaigrette - light, tangy, char and sweet flavours
- roasted carrots, lemon, pine nuts, raisins, chives - sweet, nutty, and nice slightly heated up
- duck breast (we crisped the skin), duck jus, sweet tangy beets, bok choy - a tad undersalted, but otherwise great, with a rich jus and lovely beets
- Queen Elizabeth cake, dates and walnuts topping, malt anglaise poured over - like a giant fluffy date square, not too sweet
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Brianne Garrett | New year, new me. It’s a popular mantra that we all tell ourselves going into a new year—vowing that...
by Gretchen Lidicker | If you want to eat less sugar, finding no-sugar and low sugar breakfast recipes that are both easy...