Hello -- I am considering ordering a quarter or a split quarter of beef from a local farm. Any recommendations? I'm considering the following farms:
* Morris Grassfed Beef -- T.O. Cattle Company (San Juan Batista)
* Chileno Beef (Petaluma)
* Clark Summit Farm (Tomales)
* Holding Ranch (Lafayette)
* Marin Sun Farms (Point Reyes)
* Drake's Bay Family Farm -- Lunny Ranch (Inverness)
* Napa Free Range Beef (Napa)
I'm looking for good flavor, decent cost. Most important is that it be locally produced and grass fed (all of the above are, I believe...)
by David Watsky | Avocado prices are on the rise due in part to increased global demand, a reportedly bad growing season...
by Leena Trivedi-Grenier and Jen Wheeler | A perfectly ripe peach is the sweet apotheosis of summer. After the seasonal first thrill of eating...
by Joni Sweet | When the weather’s this hot, do you ever wish you could just eat ice cream all day? Well, here’s a...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.