I am an amateur baker looking for hard to find ingredients and fruits.
Anyone knows where I could find these in Montreal? (or anywhere in Quebec, I'm ready to drive 6 hours if necessary to get them!)
- "Pâte de vanille" (vanila paste). A sweet concentrated vanilla extract that has the vanilla bean seeds included in the mix. It is very useful in cooking when you don't want to add much additional liquid. The texture is much like thick syrup.
- "Pâte de pistache" (pistachio paste), and not that pistachio butter they sell at Anatol pretending to be pistachio paste. I'm talking about the real thing, like they have in Europe. The dark-colored syrup-like paste.
- Bergamot : A small and roughly pear-shaped citrus fruit with a sweet orange perfume.
- Lucuma : A delicately flavored tropical fruit native to the cool highlands of South America. A flavor and aroma like no other.
- Cherimoya : Yet another andean fruit. The flesh is creamy white, soft, juicy, sweet and very fragrant, with a custard-like consistency. The flavour is rich and aromatic.
By the way, anyone knows where I can find peruvian products? I've been to Sabor Latina, but I couldn't find much there.