I'm talking about real meals here...not quick fixes. My absolutely favorite is Tofu-Triangles-in-Creamy-Nut-Buttter-Sauce-with-Scallions (a Deborah Madison recipe from her cookbook "This Can't Be Tofu!")
The whole thing comes together in 15 minutes with this game plan:
1. Start a whole grain in the pressure cooker (I like to serve it with farro, but sub in your favorite hearty grain). This will take 15 minutes
2. Start oil heating in skillet for tofu
3. Cut up some broccoli and get it setup in the steaming basket/pot. Start cooking 7-10 minutes before serving
3. Press tofu and start frying
4. While tofu is cooking, put together the nut sauce. I dump everything into the tall cup that came with my immersion blender and quickly blend the sauce together. I always use cashew butter and it is incredibly tasty.
5. After tofu is cooked, add sauce (I use all the sauce and then have extra for the grain and/or side veggies) and shut the heat and stir gently. I've found if you cook the sauce as recommended, it burns/clumps.
6. Serve on the grain with diagonally sliced scallions and some nice sesame seeds, with the steamed broccoli on the side.
That's it! It is a lovely dish and a hearty meal......AND QUICK!
What about your favorites?