yet another post looking for brunch help :-)... let me start by saying - I just combed through the like 20 posts on brunch from the last few weeks. they were very helpful but I still need help...
It's my girlfriends 40th b-day and I'm throwing her a surprise brunch. Here's the big 3 things I need:
1) place for a party of approx 25 people - that has enough room/not too cramped, and the kitchen and handle 25 orders without too much problem (so smaller places like Prune are out)
2) has to be Saturday (ugh, this slammed a bunch of my options)
3) want to stay around $20 a person for entree and drink (so can go up to $10-12-ish entree range)
- would like EV or LES area, but anywhere below 20th St or so would work.
- good food and atmosphere (does not have to be great, but no flat out bad food or bright/loud spaces please)
- would prefer eggs/traditional brunch style dishes, versus something like 'inoteca for lunch (but! - if anyone has done brunch/early lunch at 'inoteca I'd be very interested in hearing what it was like....)
any ideas out there?!... I have a reservation at Essex - but am so-so on the place. We've done La Palapa for too many b-days already. Has anyone had brunch at Epicerie/Cafe Charbon? (food ok, but it's in the nabe) or Sushi Samba? (they have an interesting brunch menu and offer a free drink) 'inoteca? HELP please...
Updated 1 year ago | 17
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 18 hours ago | 25
Updated 12 hours ago | 32