My two roommates and I are flying out to CA from NYC to drive Highway 1 and will be spending a day (a Sunday, unfortunately) in Napa before heading south. After reading through all the valuable advice on this board and doing some digging, here's my tentative schedule:
1. Catch the 10:30 tour at Cakebread...from what I've read here it seems like a good wine primer
2. Looking to setup a 1:00 tour, but unsure where since so many places are closed on Sundays. My shortlist so far is Honig, Peju, Quintessa, Clos Du Val, and Cliff Lede
3. Do a 3:00 tour at Etude - sounds like my kind of reds
4. Domaine Carneros for a tasting
5. Downtown Napa, dinner somewhere
I should add, in terms of our taste in wine we are red drinkers with a preference for pinots and syrahs. So with that in mind, what would be good place to head to between Cakebread and Etude? And also, where's a good, relatively CHEAP place to have dinner downtown? I've heard Zazu mentioned, anything else?
Thanks for your help!
Updated 20 days ago | 17
Updated 1 day ago | 26
Updated 25 days ago | 14
Updated 23 days ago | 13
Updated 7 days ago | 20