chocolate and i have a love/hate relationship. i love cooking with it, until something goes hatefully wrong. usually, i end up with chocolate everywhere (ear, neck, arms, floor, counters, walls) which is pet peeve number one, but i digress.
i decided to make chocolate cupcakes and used martha's recipe for chocolate ganache frosting. mistake number one: martha. why do i do this to myself? her recipes always get me crabby at some point. but again, i am digressing. the frosting seemed to be going pretty well and was easy to use. after about 12 cupcakes though, i noticed it got a bit watery so i decided to mix it more, hoping it would make the consistency more viscous.
unfortunately, it just made it more like chocolate mousse. therefore, i have some questions:
1. what happened?
2. next time, what can i do to fix it?
3. can i refrigerate the extra frosting and use it later?
oh, and happy valentine's day.