I'm just getting started with cooking pork and figured I'd give some country style ribs a shot. I have searched every corner of the internet (almost) and still am lost when it comes to cooking these babies, so I would love if one of you experts could help me out!
I will be using an oven and want to cook them low and slow. About 225 degrees. I have 2 pounds of country style ribs. I would like to use a dry rub and baste with BBQ periodically throughout the cooking process.
1) Apply dry rub to each individual rib.
2) Place ribs on pan
3) Slice large onion and place in cooking pan around the ribs.
4) Baste top of ribs lightly with sauce
5) Cover pan with foil (leave one corner open)
6) Stick in oven set at 225 for 3 hours (???)
7) Baste ribs every 30 minutes/hour, also draining the juice every time you baste (????)
8) Uncover pan for final 30 minutes of cooking
9) Let meat rest and baste before serving
That is what I have gathered so far. What should I change? What needs to be added?
by Marisa Olsen | If you’re trying to cut back on caffeine but aren’t sure how you’ll function without it, here are...
by Amy Sowder | From spicy stuffed poblanos to a bright watermelon salad, these are some of the best summer side dishes...
by Jen Wheeler | Potatoes: humble, historic, and transcendent in the right hands. We're here to tell you everything...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.