(first post - little anxious)
3 friends and I are coming to Montreal this Friday for our first try at Mondial de la biere.
3 of us are foodies and although beer tasting is the primary goal of the weekend, we would like to include a few good meals. A few of us have done some research on places and are looking to narrow our choices, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. What about Bofinger for a late lunch/early dinner after 2-3 hours of beer tasting on Friday?
(a few of us have been slow smoking at home and would like to see how they do)
2. Lunch on Saturday. A few of us are small scale wine collectors and will be bringing a few nice bottles to break up the beer tasting. Looking for a Bistro where we can BYOW.
What is Le SteakFrites like? Can't really tell from the website?
3. Me and one other guy (the two with kids) will end up waking up much earlier and may take a trip to Jean Talon Market. Any cheese stalls that are stand outs for Quebec cheese?
What time does the market open on Saturday?
4. Brewpubs that have good food? Brutopia, Dieu du ciel, L'amere a boire
5. And lastly....any beers not to be missed. Won't be trying anything I can find in Ontario, so will focus on smaller Quebec Micro and U.S IPA's.
We are all in our mid 30's and not club guys.
Staying downtown about 2km east of the Bell centre.
Thanks in Advance,