Many thanks to all the chowhounders out there, ever since I started using this board I've had a string of spectacular dinner outings. To help add to this board, here are my personal favorite restaurants in Mississauga (or very close to its borders).
1. Bombay Chopsticks (Hwy #10 and Bristol Rd)
- Indian and Chinese restaurant, one of my top three. Biryani was ok, but the "crispy beef" is a must try! General George beef is also really good, much better than the General George chicken. Me and my friend who went there agree its the best non-steak beef we've ever tried. Most dishes $8-$10 and come with rice. Amazing value!! Best decor of any restaurant I've been to.
2. Anatolia (5112 Dundas Av West, http://www.anatoliarestaurant.ca/inde...)
- Turkish restaurant, the best dinner experience I've had in a while. I'd recommend the beyti, though I went with a group of friends and everyone got something different and everyone loved their meal. If you're looking for something new, this is the place. Most meals $14-$18.
3. Madrass Dosa Hut (Tomkin and Rathburn)
- 12-3pm $7.99 buffet. I wasn't overly impressed with the rest of the buffet, but the a Dosa is spectacular (anytime it's ~ $7 and is a full meal to me). As I found out, a Dosa is kind of like a 1 1/2 foot in diameter crepe, rolled up, with a flavorful potatoe mixture in the middle, and it comes with 5 or 6 different exotic sauces to try - one of my all time favorite dishes and for around $7!! Good for an awsome "cheap eat", though I'd recommend somewhere else if you're looking for more fine dining and variety.
4. Sangam Indian Cuisine (5825 Dixie Road or 6991 Milcreek Dr)
- Excellent naan, tandori chicken, and biryani. My friends really loved the food there and found it to be decently priced, I personally found it to be ok and I'd prefer to check out a new restaurant than return here.
5. Dixie Park Center (Dixie Rd. and South Gateway Rd.)
Great place for cheap chinese food, similar to the Pacific mall food court. Almost everything < $7, but you get a very filling meal and tonnes of choice.