Today six hounds and one guest gathered in the Tri-Valley for a dim sum lunch at Koi Garden in Ulferts Center, http://koipalace.com/koigarden/ . Most of our dishes were ordered from the check-off menu, and some came from the limited number of carts circling on a weekday. We had a pretty good location for catching the flow of carts, and the round table was good for conversation. However, the cold air blasting directly overhead from the air-conditioner immediately chilled all our food.
We worked our way through:
157. Roasted suckling pig, $18
154. Hand roasted duck, $5.50
147. Green algae (seaweed) and jellyfish, $5.50
445. Egg custard tart, $2.50
337. Bee’s nest taro puff, $3.50
368. Stir-fried rice roll in spicy XO sauce, $5.50
357. XO spicy sauce dumplings, $4.50
338. Chiu Chou steamed dumplings, $3.60
457. Old Timer sponge cake, $2.60
341. Shrimp dumplings (har gao), $4.50 x 2
331. Spinach shrimp dumplings, $3.60
348. Rice roll shrimp stuffings, $4.50
444. Bean curd in syrup (doufu fa), $2.60
Not available today, 365. Poached beef (book) tripe, $5.50
Charge for “People’s choice” pu-erh tea was $1 per person. The tab, including tax and tip, came to $15 each, not bad, but we had ordered rather lightly.
Now, let’s hear from the others at the table, please share your opinions and favorites.
4288 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, CA 94568
Updated 3 months ago | 6
Updated 1 month ago | 85
Updated 4 months ago | 6
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 6 days ago | 3