I'd appreciate suggestions for a 75th birthday dinner for my father this Saturday. General criteria are:
* Location anywhere from Del Mar south to the border and generally west of the 805 (no offense to East County)
* Casual attire and atmosphere - something between jeans/tshirts and coat/tie, dressy casual is ok
* Most of the diners will eat almost anything, cuisine-wise, but my bro is muy fussy, so we need a place that offers a good, plain steak (no sauce or frou-frou stuff) or other simple cuisine
* Ideally there would be some sort of entertainment aspect, or just a "fun" place generally
* Not a chain (sorry, no Buca)
* Money no object (well, to a point, anyway)
I am lobbying for Rei do Godo in the Gaslamp, but the folks seemed a little hesitant. Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance!