I have read so many recommendation on lowering carb content in homemade yogurt. These are a few I have come across and the stated reasoning behind the idea:
1. Use fairlife milk- less carbs to begin with
2. Boil the milk for 20 minutes- breaks down carbs
3. Ferment longer- fermenting process bacteria eat carbs and produce lactic acid/gas
4. Strain off whey- whey has carbs
5. Using half/half or heavy cream- less carbs to start with
I would appreciate any comments, debunking of these myths, any more tips to try.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | It's fall, which means its time to pay tribute to that iconic mascot of the season. As a food, as...
by Pamela Vachon | These healthy fall salad recipes will keep you eating well all autumn, and cast your favorite fall...
by Jen Wheeler | Never underestimate the power of a one pot meal (or one pan, as the case may be). This easy sheet...