I have read so many recommendation on lowering carb content in homemade yogurt. These are a few I have come across and the stated reasoning behind the idea:
1. Use fairlife milk- less carbs to begin with
2. Boil the milk for 20 minutes- breaks down carbs
3. Ferment longer- fermenting process bacteria eat carbs and produce lactic acid/gas
4. Strain off whey- whey has carbs
5. Using half/half or heavy cream- less carbs to start with
I would appreciate any comments, debunking of these myths, any more tips to try.
by Brianne Garrett | New year, new me. It’s a popular mantra that we all tell ourselves going into a new year—vowing that...
by Gretchen Lidicker | If you want to eat less sugar, finding no-sugar and low sugar breakfast recipes that are both easy...