Hello all - I just wanted to let you know that Marna and I intend to re-open Brigtsen's Restaurant in New Orleans as soon as the city recovers enough infrastructure to support a somewhat normal life. How long that will be is hard to say - probably a couple of months. We evacuated to Shreveport and will remain here with family members until the city recovers sufficiently for us to return. Our main priority after the storm was to stabilize our family and staff. Everyone is OK, and our nieces and nephew are enrolled in high school here in Shreveport. The reports of us opening a restaurant here are false, a product of misunderstandings being published in major newspapers. In the days after the storm, we did not know what the future held. Over time, Marna and I decided that we simply must re-open Brigtsen's - for our wonderful staff, our community, and our city. The restaurant (and our homes) made it through with no flooding and no structural damage. We are very blessed and lucky. We wish everyone well in this difficult time and look forward to seeing you soon.