Hello everyone: I wanted to hear your feedback as to what you felt was the best authentic pizza in the area. By authentic my requirements are:
1. Cooked in a wood burning or coal burning oven
2. Is done in a style of traditional Italian, Neapolitan or Sicilian Pizza
3. Doesn't have weird toppings on it (that's not authentic)
Here's what I came up with:
1. Tacconelli's-not totally authentic but possibly the best crust in the area
2. Pietro's in center city- coal fired, good crust, pizza has too much cheese though
3. Osteria-possibly the most authentic pizza in the area?
Please let me know your thoughts, I'm very curious to hear about Siclian. I've only had it from one place in south philly (can't remember the name) and while it was good I dont think it would have fallen into my top 5.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts...
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 44
Updated 4 months ago | 0
Updated 9 days ago | 76
Updated 23 days ago | 49