Every time I'm sauteing and add a chili-based sauce such as Sriracha, it immediately makes me cough and irritates eyes and throat. Now, this doesn't bother me so much, but anyone who enters the room and the near vicinity coughs like crazy.
Now I've had people get extremely upset saying that I'm poisoning myself and that I'm releasing carbon monoxide etc etc.. The thing is, this happens every time I add this sauce, regardless of temperature.
Does anyone know if what is being released is carbon monoxide, or other toxic gas?