I've been adventuring with food for a couple of years now, and I only just found this site. First off, thanks for all the tips (looking for a good Korean place brought me here).
To give back, I'm giving out all of my finds that I enjoy visiting:
1. Si Tapas (north of downtown Dallas): You order many small dishes and share with your table; big wine selection and other bar items. It's the most expensive place on my list, but well worth it.
2. Jorg's Cafe Vienna (downtown Plano): I am a fan of the red cabbage, and the schnitzel (all 3 of the sauces that come with it are great!). There is a decent beer selection, and the sausage dishes are good as well.
3. La Spiga (Southside of Addison Airport): This place has the best Italian sandwich I've ever tasted. I mainly go there for this, and for their bread.
4. Pho Tay Do (Richardson): If you like Pho, but want to try something slightly different, get the Bun Bo Hue.
5. Sichuanese Cuisine (Plano - Parker / Coit): I have been coming here for the last month or so for lunch about once a week. The hot chicken, szechuan beef, and the szechuan beef/fish soups are all good dishes. It's not much for ambiance, but I like the food.
6. Agave Azul (downtown Carrollton): This is a good Mexican restaurant that actually has some seafood on the menu (think south Mexico), and the tortillas are yummy.
7. Little Gus Cafe (north Plano): This place works for me because of how close it is to my home. It's good for a quick breakfast. The food comes out fast, even when they're busy. There are some interesting spins on the menu (think Gyro meat instead of bacon with your breakfast).
I've written down some suggestions from reading through a few threads (Palayok, Hong Kong Royal, Lucky City, Bambu, The Slow Bone), and I am glad to join you all.
Edit: Forgot to mention The Holy Grail. It's a bar, but has great food. I've tried many things on the menu, and none of it has disappointed. It's located in north Plano. -Cheers