Spicy Sriracha Ceviche
Adapted from Randy Clemens
In this spicy Sriracha ceviche recipe adapted from The Sriracha Cookbook, fresh scallops, tilapia, and halibut cure in lime juice, then get tossed with corn, cucumber, tomato, and onion.
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed seafood, such as scallops, tilapia, and halibut, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 ear fresh corn on the cob, kernels only
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced, for garnishing
1In a medium bowl, combine the seafood and lime juice; stir to combine. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until the flesh becomes firm and opaque, about 2 hours.
2Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, corn, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, oil, Sriracha, and tomato juice, stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in chilled bowls, garnished with sliced avocado and cilantro.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved