Roasted Beet and Chèvre Grilled Cheese
- 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices Basic Roasted Beets
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick, 4-by-5-inch-long) slices 9-grain bread
- 3 tablespoons chèvre (fresh goat cheese), at room temperature
1Combine beets and vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread.
3Once the pan is warm, add 1 slice of bread buttered side down, crumble 1/2 the cheese over the bread, and top with roasted beets. Crumble remaining cheese over beets and close the sandwich with the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
4Cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes per side.
Beverage pairing: Allan Scott Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand. Sauvignon Blanc and chèvre are a classic combination. The sweet earthiness of the beets calls for a bright, fruity new-world wine, and New Zealand always fits the bill.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved