This sauce is usually served with a big, juicy steak for good reason: The pairing is magical. But that doesn’t mean it’s not delicious in other applications. Try it on a baked potato, as a sauce for shrimp, drizzled over roasted asparagus, or as a substitute for mayonnaise. This sauce also pairs brilliantly with our prime rib recipe.
This recipe was featured as part of our Meaty, Boozy Father’s Day Menu. For more flavorful sauces to top grilled meats, see our easy chimichurri recipe.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces) prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place heavy cream in a medium bowl and whisk until the cream starts to hold a line when you drag the whisk through it. Using a rubber spatula, fold in crème fraîche or sour cream, horseradish, chives, and salt. Season with pepper and additional salt as desired. Serve with Grilled Prime Rib
or smear on a roast beef sandwich.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved