Eggnog French Toast
- 1 1/2 cups Best Eggnog, or store-bought eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 pound) French bread loaf, cut widthwise into 12 (1-inch thick) slices
1Heat the oven to 200°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place a baking sheet in the oven.
2Place eggnog, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and whisk until combined. Pour into a large shallow dish that comfortably holds three slices of bread side-by-side.
3Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large cast iron or nonstick frying pan over medium heat until shimmering, about 3 minutes.
4Soak 3 slices of the bread in the eggnog mixture, about 30 seconds per side. Lay soaked bread in a single layer in pan and cook until browned on bottom side, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5Flip and cook second side until browned, about another 2 minutes. Place cooked French toast on heated baking sheet.
6Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved