Easy Chicken Ramen
Shredded chicken, fresh ramen noodles, mushrooms, and an optional egg—this chicken ramen recipe couldn’t be simpler. Top it off with homemade chili oil for extra flavor and texure.
For more, see our homemade ramen with pork, using a slow cooker.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large leek, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Low-sodium soy sauce, for seasoning
- Sesame and/or chili oil, for seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ramen noodles
- 8 large eggs (optional)
- About 4 green onions, white and pale green parts, finely chopped
1In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the yellow onion, sprinkle with salt, and sear, without stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and the broth and deglaze the pan, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover the pan and simmer until fragrant, about 30 minutes.
2Strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard the solids.
3In the saucepan over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until tender. Add the chicken and stir to combine. Add the broth and season to taste with soy sauce and sesame and/or chile oil. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low, cover partially, and simmer until warmed through.
4Meanwhile, put the eggs, if using, into boiling water and simmer for 5–6 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water, let cool until they can be handled, and peel them. Cook the ramen noodles according to the package directions.
5Divide the noodles evenly among individual bowls. Ladle the broth and chicken over the noodles, dividing them evenly, then sprinkle with the green onions. If desired, top each bowl with an optional halved soft-boiled egg and serve right away.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved