Restaurants & Bars 13

WTB Japanese Charcoal

LATrapp | Sep 9, 2010 12:01 PM

Anyone know where I can get high quality Japanese style charcoal? I believe it's called Binchotan.

In restaurants I've seen it in it's raw form where you can see the wood grain and also in briquettes. The briquettes sometimes have a hole in the center.

I'd be interested in learning about both and any advantages/disadvantages if anyone has any knowledge to share...

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound