General Discussion

word for "carmelizing" fat?


General Discussion 12

word for "carmelizing" fat?

Ruth Lafler | Jan 13, 2007 08:54 PM

I was listening to a chef on the radio one day, and he used a term that he said was applicable to fat as carmelizing is to sugar. But I didn't quite catch it (it may have been French).

Anyone know what it is?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound