If I were to make a list of top burgers in the Chicago area, this is what it would look like. If anyone knows of some good places, let me know. The list is always changing, and I'm always looking for a new #1. If anyone else has a top ten list, post it.
10. Paradise Pup, Des Plaines
9. Valley Lodge, northwest suburbs (don't remember exactly where)
8. Hackney's, various suburbs
7. Corcoran's, Chicago
6. Come Back Inn Pub, Melrose Park
5. Country House, Clarendon Hills, Geneva, Lisle
4. Bristol Tap, Bristol, Il
3. Moody's Pub (fresh cut fries, also), Chicago
2. Goldyburgers, Forest Park
1. Charlie Beinlich's, Northbrook
Plus I have to give an honorable mention to Hamburger Heaven in Elmhurst. It's not a big, beefy type burger, but it reminds me of when I was a kid. It's over 40 years old.