Hi Hounds! We got a crazy idea to roast a suckling pig on Sunday, so I'm picking up a 16 lb. fresh piglet tonight. I have MANY questions! If you have anything to share, I'd really appreciate it! :) One important note: we don't eat grains or legumes, but everything else is fair game!
- Should I ask the butcher to butterfly it for me or is unnecessary to butterfly?
- Will it fit in my oven butterflied or otherwise? I'm looking at my 30 lb. dog who greatly resembles a piglet herself, and thinking, "She could fit in there..."
- Should I brine tonight? In what kind of solution beyond salt/sugar/water?
- Do I need to truss this little guy if I'm roasting in the oven?
- I'm thinking of stuffing with apples and onions and sage. Any other suggestions?
- Side dishes? I'm thinking grilled veggies and a crunchy zippy fresh salad and some roasted sweet potatoes or winter squash.
Thanks for the help!!