We're in the midst of hosting several sets of out-of-state visitors. Many of them have never been to California and hail from small towns in the midwest - and this is the most exotic trip they've ever taken. They're open to new things, so we'd like to take them to one or two places that they'd never find "back home".
This is all about creating a memorable experience, not necessarily an amazing meal.
So, what are your votes for "only in San Francisco" (and the bay area) memorable spots:
- Ferry Plaza for the wide variety and quality
- Yank Sing or Coi Palace for dim sum
- Asia SF for the experience
-Forbes Island for the setting
- Slanted Door for food & setting
- Tonga Room for the show and and drinks
- Cliff House for the popovers and the view
- Fish. (in Sausalito) for the food and atmosphere
- Boudin Bistro and/or Ghiradelli for the Fisherman's Wharf experience.
What would you add or take out? Let the flames begin!